Don't forget to also checkout my second blog containing articles to all other related ICT topics!!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Preparing for Scala development

I fell in love with Scala the moment I read 'Programming in Scala' from Martin Odersky, the creator of Scala. Unfortunately at the time being Scala didn't have good tooling support. Neither was it a widely adopted language and as none of my colleagues had any experience yet, it would be risky to start using it. Times have changed and the ecosystem around Scala is blossoming. Typesafe was created in 2011 around basically two stacks, Scala itself and Akka. Meanwhile Typesafe added playframework to its stack. No excuses left for me to keep postponing diving deeper into the internals of Scala and hence I bought 'Scala in depth' this week which I started reading with great interest. Anyway, if you're ready to start exploring the Scala language make sure to keep an eye on this blog ;-)

Preparation:

No comments:

Post a Comment